BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

vacation runnings

So before we went to Minnesota I took the kiddo for a jog in the stroller the morning of our flight. It was decent, we only went out for like a half hour, but it was good to be moving before I knew we would be sitting around all day traveling.

So when we got to MN, I was totally blown away by how different the towns are set up there. It was kind of unsettling... lots of suburban sprawl, towns melting into towns, etc... strip malls, but it was fun to see family, etc...

I ended up getting to see one of my hometown homies from Missouri. We were neighbors growing up and played high school football together. He now lives in Woodbury, MN and we went for a 3+ mile run together and talked the whole time. We went at about an 8 minute pace for the whole time and I felt it! Compared to all my 50K training it was like sprinting!!

So, I havent done anything longer than maybe 5 miles since my 50k. I am really dreading doing another long run. I know I need to get back in the saddle and go long again, but for some reason, I am scared of how hard it will be!!

Anyway, its great being back in Oregon, Bush Park - here I come! Keep on truckin' and stay classy.

KD$

0 comments: