BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

still a wanna be.

well... its been quite some time since my last post. back in january I registered for the PCT Ultra 50 miler. prior to my registration for that race, I was hit by a car on my way to work and had a hip injury that really derailed my training. well, i got orthotics that have really helped my biomechanics and has eliminated my hip pain. that is a plus. however, i just havent been able to get on track with my training. my motivation is in the toilet. thinking about july 25th and the pct ultra fills me with dread. currently, I am in absolutely, no uncertain terms, no way ready for this race and will not be ready by the time it rolls around. my fear is that I am going to show up, and end with a big fat DNF by my name. i'd honestly rather that not happen. but I know i cant finish the race. this past weekend jess and I were in Maui (awesome) and I decided not to run the race. when I made that decision, i was filled with a sense of peace and relief. I definitely want to do a 50 miler, and am looking at the october race. I feel like that gives me enough time to get my training back on track and get ready for it all. backing out of this race sucks, I know, but i think its the right decision for me right now.

seatbelts.

2 comments:

William Swint said...

Don't give up yet! you've still got two months, that's a lot of time. Just get back on your long runs, that's what will get you to the finish line. Plus they just made the race easier by not going all the way to timberline.

Mike Rosling said...

I agree that you shouldn't give up yet, but at the same time, you've got to change your mindset. You're capable of much more than you think...I'd bet you could finish the 50 miler if it were this weekend.