BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 12, 2008

easy on the running...

So... it feels like a while since my last update. I ran a little over 13 this past Saturday, and then on Sunday ran over 5. It was good being out both days, but I am feeling really burnt out on this training... It is just wearing me down. I am happy I have entered the "taper" phase of the program and am gearing down for the race on the 25th.

I have serious doubts about how well I will do. I know Im not gonna win it, thats not the point, but I still would like to feel good about my effort, and I know I havent given 100% to the training. Its been tough with a new baby to really devote the amount of time necessary to feel really, really prepared.

Today was my 7th anniversary and I ate way too much greasy food... gut-ache central. I am probably not going to run tomorrow and just try to get an extra hour and a half of sleepy time.

Later!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

hey nice running! You'll be ready in three weeks, don't worry about it. get your sleep and rest! When do you run? Early in the morning or late at night when the kid and wife are sleeping?

The Drakes said...

I usually run really early in the am. Gotta get'em all in before they get up for the day. That made the 3-4 hour runs tough on Jess.