Happy New Year of running. Another year to try to become an Ultramarathoner. My resolutions? To be more consistent with my running/training by running more frequently and pushing myself harder than I have this year. I also really want to change my eating habits and try to eat smaller portions, more frequently. These will both be tough for me to change and be consistent with. My racing goals for the year are to set a PR at the Cascade 1/2 Marathon (which shouldnt be too tough since last years time was so poor - but you never know). The eating change will be tough because I have a hard time planning my meals out that far ahead. For some reason, it is easier to eat that way at work during the week than it is on the weekend. I know I will need to do some good planning on what it will look like before I go for it.
Running has been hard with the holidays and family in town. Did a 7 miler today with Mike, the pace was unusually slow due to the terrain, but it felt like all I had in me to go that distance at that pace. Family leaves today, so it will be a long rest of the weekend putting our house back together. I Hope anyone who reads this blog had a great Christmas and New Years!! Good luck with all your 2009 running goals.
Seatbelts.
Friday, January 2, 2009
happy new year
Posted by The Drakes at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kurtis, I can't wait to see how awesome you're going to do in '09!
Post a Comment